August 24, 2006

A Few Favorites

I was just playing my guitar and I decided I would write something. I happened to be playing one of my favorite songs, so I'm going to write about that.

If you know me, you will know that music is a huge part of my life. I've played drums for 13 years and guitar for 4. I am constantly trying to add to my music collection, and most recently I've been trying to listen to all types of music. Yes, even country and rap. Anyway, here are my top few favorite songs. I couldn't pick just one to be my ultimate fav, so I've made a list of sorts. Here goes...

Worlds Apart by Jars of Clay
This song is the one religious song that I will never get sick of. It's so beautiful, and the entire song is like a prayer. I love to play it on the guitar accousticly too.

Baba O'Riley by the Who, covered by the London Philharmonic Orchestra
I looked for this song for almost a year. It is played during the intro to the movie Slackers, along with an acapella version of I Saw the Sign by Ace of Base. I searched on Kazaa for a long time to finally find this song. I cried the first time I heard it, but what else is new. Oh yeah, the original is also known as Teenage Wasteland and the opening/closing part is an audience member's info (name, address, phone number etc.) inputted into a computer and it spit out that neat riff.

Wonderwall (in all forms)
I currently have around 13 versions of this song. The original is by Oasis, and is very good, but I like other versions too. Ryan Adams plays an amazing version of it. The band The Gaia Corporation plays an intersting hard rock/screamo version of it. I love them all. Even the pan flute and jazz versions. I hate it when people say this is a pathetic/chessy song. They should all be shot.

So those are my current top three favorite songs. Everyone out there should download them or at least pirate them from me. Hit me up on AIM at ADBrand.

p.s. check out this site -> Second Hand Songs to see all the people who have covered your favorite songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment