September 16, 2006

Deception

I hate computers. And I'm studying to be a computer engineer; odd isn't it?

I've had my little Fujitsu Lifebook for over 4 years, and it's getting old. Actually, really old. In computer years it's going on 200 years old, since obsolete is just under two (i think). But I love my little (10.6" screen, 3.4 lbs) laptop anyway. Sometimes it's slow, but it's ultra portable.

The other day I took advantage of the student pricing on the Adobe Creative Suite which includes Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, GoLive, and Acrobat for under 20% the suggested price. Great Deal! So I bought it, and decided to install it just after reinstalling Windows (completely erases everything). I tried to install it this morning and it gave me an error. It said I didn't have the 384MB of RAM needed. I thought I bought 512, so I was surprised when it said that I only had 368MB. After some searching, it turns out they never made an upgrade to 512, only to 384. So that's what I had. After more searching I found out the processor I have take 16MB for it's own. So I can't install Adobe. The worst part is the package didn't have any minimum requirements on it, so I had no idea of this before I started.

So now I'm out $200 dollars on a program that I can't use. And I was thinking of buying a Mac, which makes the software package even more useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment