October 24, 2006

Apparently the National Music Publishers' Association (NMPA) and the Music Publishers' Association (MPA) think that making tabs is copy write infringement. For those of you who don't know, a tablature (or tab) is a typed copy of notes for an instrument. I usually use guitar tabs, which look like this. The link is for a tab of a Snow Patrol song called Chasing Cars. Most of these tabs are simply someone's interpretation of how the song is played, or which chords are used. I guess one person could buy a book of tabs put out by the record label, and them type it up and post it on the web. But I still think they are over reacting.

Anyway this means I cannot find the tab for the snickers song. I just want to sing about "waterfalls of caramel", but NOOO! they have to stomp on my dreams.

The suit on the register.com


The Snickers Song
happy peanuts soar
over chocolate coated mountaintops,
and waterfalls of caramel

prancing nougat in the middle
sings a song of satisfaction
to the world

No comments:

Post a Comment