October 16, 2006

For those of you who actually read this, I'm going to change gears for a second. Usuall I write about nothing, but today I want to pass on some musical findings for anyone who is interested. I just gave my roomate a copy of the ( ) album by Sigur Ros. This album is easily in my top five. I got it from the same place I get all my best songs from, Sarah. I've had this album for a few years and I like it more and more. Although my favorite song is track four, they all blend together. The first half is a little lighter and the second is more emotional. I guess you could call it Ambient music. The greatest part of the CD, I think is the fact that none of the eight songs are titled. On top of that, the words in the songs aren't even words. They are a made up language dubbed "Hopelandic", after his native tongue Icelandic. The lead singer Jonsi describes it as gibberish vocals, and the voice as an instrument. It's what a singer sings before he/she knows the actual words, just the melody.

Personally, I think it is absolutely beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't got this album; have Takk... and Ágætis Byrjun, both are good

    ReplyDelete