October 26, 2006

Weird Al Yankovich

Ok, so everyone knows Weird Al, but no one admits to listening to him. I'm going to say it then. I listen to Weird Al. I haven't heard much of his recent stuff, but I do have some of his older stuff. I even have a few cassettes, and the polka hits CD. As well as being a talented musician, he has also mastered the accordian. From what I've heard, Weird Al got his first shot at stardom through a goofy radio show in California called Dr. Demento. He played a parody of My Sharona called My Bologna. Since then he has made many albums, parodied such stars as Avril, Coolio, and Micheal Jackson, made a movie, and even had a show on Saturday morning television. His latest album Straight Outta Lynwood looks like it could be his most popular. It debuted in the top 10 on the Billboard album charts, giving him his first top 10 ever. The first single White & Nerdy has topped the VH1 charts. It is a parody of Chamillionaire's Ridin' Dirty. Brilliant! Here's a list of all of his albums starting from the latest; its quite long. Check him out at the links below.


  • STRAIGHT OUTTA LYNWOOD (2006)
  • POODLE HAT (2003)
  • POLKAMON (2000)
  • RUNNING WITH SCISSORS (1999)
  • BAD HAIR DAY (1996)
  • SPY HARD (1996)
  • THE TV ALBUM (1995)
  • GREATEST HITS - VOLUME II (1994)
  • HEADLINE NEWS (1994)
  • ALAPALOOZA (1993)
  • THE FOOD ALBUM (1993)
  • OFF THE DEEP END (1992)
  • BABALU MUSIC (1991)
  • UHF - ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK AND OTHER STUFF (1989)
  • GREATEST HITS (1988)
  • PETER AND THE WOLF (1988)
  • EVEN WORSE (1988)
  • POLKA PARTY (1986)
  • DARE TO BE STUPID (1985)
  • "WEIRD AL" YANKOVIC IN 3-D (1984)
  • "WEIRD AL" YANKOVIC (1983)

3 comments:

  1. Weird Al Rocks...and I don't think I could ever seen enough of that video. Too bad that video was leaked and then they canceled the premier:

    http://slashdot.org/articles/06/09/22/1637252.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  2. show off. just because you make money off of your blog does not make you more special than me. At least mine is read by people who aren't nerds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to be nice and provide some insightful comment and that is the thanks I get! Man O Man!

    ReplyDelete