November 20, 2006

Since I turned 21 my parents have loosened up a LOT about alcohol. But that wasn't always the case. I remember the first time I came home from college. I had been at college for two weeks, one of those included class. It was a three day weekend, and I was headed back with a friend at noon on Monday. That morning I woke up sick to my stomach, and I puked. No idea why, but I did. Apparently my parent's thought that after two weeks at college I had become a binge drinker. Keep in mind, I never drank in high school and none of my friends did either. In fact, I never had a drink until most of the way through my first semester of college. But that day, my parents jumped the gun on alcohol. My friend came to pick me up and I ran upstairs to grab my bag. Later in the car my friend told me that my mother and step-dad had cornered him in the kitchen and threw a barrage of questions at him about me drinking. Poor guy. Now they don't care, as long as I don't get drunk or loud. I'm not sure that's fair, but those are my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment