November 14, 2006

Threadless T-Shirts

A year ago I was searching for t-shirts online when I found this site. Threadless is first and foremost an online store. But where it gets it's products from is the most interesting part. Anyone can sign up for an account, and then submit their own designs. Other users are then encouraged to vote on the uploaded designs and the highest rated designs get printed every week. That means their inventory changes weekly. If there is a design you like, but they are sold out it, you can request a reprint. If enough people ask for a reprint, they do so. I signed up for the weekly emails, and I'm glad I did. I love many of their designs, but without the email they would sell out before I knew they even existed. I also saved a few photos from their site and set them as the background on my cell phone. They are that good.

Also, if you are a fan of the TV show Scrubs, you might recognize some of the shirts from the show. Zach Braff has worn a few of their t-shirts on the show. I also own a few of their shirts, and I love them. People always ask me where I got them and who makes them. I always get a funny look when I look at the tag of my shirt and tell them exactly who designed it!




No comments:

Post a Comment