November 16, 2006

+44 - When Your Heart Stops Beating

+44's new album came out on Tuesday, and I finally made it to the store to buy it today. So far I've listened to the entire thing all the way through once, and I am currently going through again. It's really good; Definitely my style. Imagine the refined style of the last Self titled Blink 182 CD, with less pop and more synth. Travis actually recorded much of the album using V-drums, which are electronic drums made by Roland. So the drums are much more grand and present many different sounds. Although I've never heard of the other two members are, I get the feeling the aren't a huge part of the band. Travis and Mark seem to have molded their styles, as I can feel their influences. And they did a great job.

The first thing I noticed when I popped in the CD was the rock feel, Travis' complicated but driving beats, and Mark's heart string lyrics. This feeling continues through the entire album. I had already heard No, It Isn't before, but the album version had another verse and more drums. Two other songs really stuck out to me the first time I heard them. Make You Smile is a duet with Hoppus and . Weatherman is a revert from the typical "i miss/want you" to the "I don't really care about you anymore". Lines like "I never meant to say I've sorry" and "Every now and then I fee the end of us" just prove that Mark Hoppus has many more album ideas to share with his fans.


Fun Fact: The name +44 comes from the United Kingdom dialing code where Hoppus and Barker first discussed the project.


No comments:

Post a Comment