December 1, 2006

I love the Facebook. It is easily one of my favorite sites on the internet. I'm constantly checking Facebook for no reason. I know it's bad, but I check a lot of sites. I like talking to my friends about nothing, and sharing funny pictures. I like joining groups about inside jokes and leaving wall posts on old friend's profiles. Facebook allows me to connect to all my friends; a real social phenomenon. But there is a downside to it. I've decided that there are very very few things someone could do that would make me feel ok about de-friending someone on the Facebook. I've actually never done it, as far as I can remember. But that means that I am still friends with my ex-girlfriends, ex-roommates and the like. Well, not so much on the ex-roommates; they de-friended me. But that means that with the news feed, and mutual friends, I see their presence. From time to time I see wall posts and picture tags that I don't want to see. After a bad day of work last summer I checked my email to find my ex-roomies were taking me to court and to top it off, I went to send them a message about it, and found we were no longer Facebook friends. In reality, I'm not going to get bent up about that. Honestly, we ended on bad terms. But it wasn't nice to see that after the long day I had. Every once in a while I see pictures of things I don't want to see, or wall postings that mention things I don't want to hear. The worst is when I find out things about girls that I like, that I didn't really want to know. It's like hearing something about your crush from a friend and not from her. It kinda ruins your day.

I don't mean to complain. But I wanted to show that even though I love the wonderful distractions the internet provides, it also can be the little thing that gets me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment