December 16, 2006

Yesterday I drove home from school. It takes me four hours, and I didn't leave Ames until 9PM. So I didn't get home until 1AM. It's all good, but I get tired when I drive that long by myself. This time was different. My friend Nimit once told me that all you need to road trip is one good album per hour. Lately I've been listening to the Dashboard Confessional album Dusk and Summer and +44's When Your Heart Stops Beating. But what about the other two hours? Enter my friend Emilia. She sent me two mix CDs. One Indie, one Classic. Ah yeah.

Let me tell you, that was one of the best mixes I've ever heard. Granted, the mix tape kinda left in the 80's, much to my disappointment, but it was still frickin' amazing. I'm definitely checking out all but one of these bands (and I'm not telling you which one). Here's the Indie album:

  • this boy is exhausted - the wrens
  • beautiful car - m. ward
  • hair - atmosphere
  • the first five times - stars
  • cactus - pixies
  • anthems for a seventeen year old girl - broken social scene
  • on pilot mountain - spymob
  • where does the good go? - tegan and sara
  • all you can eat - ben folds
  • take your mama - scissor sisters
  • bad habit - the dresden dolls
  • cozy in the rocket - psapp
  • hornets! hornets! - the hold steady
  • believer - ben kweller
  • lover, you should've come over - jeff buckley
  • bizarre christmas incident - bend folds five
Again I repeat. Freakin' Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment