February 27, 2007

Internship Update!

I sent Cerner an email yesterday with that dates for my visit. I'm excited to get to see their world headquarters. I've heard the place is amazing. I'm also excited to see Kansas City. Hopefully the city will have as much culture as Minneapolis. I've heard KC is very much like the mini-apple, except without St. Paul next door. That's fine with me, since I tend to stick to uptown and the 'burbs anyway.

I also learned recently that the interns at Cerner are spending the summer in the "apartment suites" of a college in downtown KC. I think they might be at UMKC. That means that my friend may be living in the same building as me. That would be great, since I've never been to KC. I would have someone to explore with. Also, since we would be on campus hopefully there will be coffee shops and independent record stores close by. I plan on researching those things further, assuming I get an offer.

The next step is to head to Kansas City in a little under a month for a tour. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. It won't have as much culture as the Twin Cities. No one has as much culture as the Twin Cities, except maybe New York, San Francisco, and Chicago. I'm being totally serious here.

    What do you mean I'm officially hyperlinked and have to try now? I'll do whatever the hell I want.

    And, you win: I'm kind of getting into Sigur Ros.

    ReplyDelete