March 23, 2007

Before this is all over, someone will get hurt.

I just hope it's not me.

I'm currently in the process of registering for my final semester here at ISU. I just found out two days ago that I only need to take 13 credits, instead of the 17 I thought I had to take. It turns out I swapped a course and forgot to take it off my list of classes to take. That said, I can't seem to get it to work. Here's what I have to take, with their credit hours:

  • EE 230 (4) - 3 hours a week + 3 hour lab
  • US Diversity Elective, must be 300 Level or greater (3)
  • Engineering Technical Elective (3)
  • Engineering Technical Elective (3)
That's it. Thirteen credits until I can get a job and start paying off my debt. Thirteen credits until my degree; until I can say that I finished. Thirteen credits stand between me and the GPA I want. There is a lot riding on these courses. So I'm trying to pick the right ones. It sounds like EE 230 is a horrendous course, so I'm doing my best to make sure the rest of them are easier. But finding a class that meets my US Diversity requirement, and is a 300+ level course, and is a course that I meet the prerequisites for, is not fun. Plus I have to keep in mind that I'm not good at presentations, and writing intensive are also not good to take during project heavy courses (my tech electives). So I've finally found WS 327. WS stands for Women's Studies. The course is Sex and Gender in Society. The problem is that I don't meet the prereqs. I didn't take Sociology 130. I'm going to ignore that until someone says something. I've heard they rarely do. I also found Com Sci 362 Object-Oriented Analysis and Design. I like OOP, so hopefully I will enjoy this course. But it is project heavy (group). Group projects are good, I work well in them, but it's still a project that takes up a lot of your time. I should know, I'm currently working on 3 of them on top of my normal homework.

So who knows, I may end up not graduating due to a scheduling snafu. Not good.

2 comments:

  1. That would be bullshit if you didn't graduate next semester for a "scheduling snafu". Not too mention how expensive that would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its already expensive! I'm paying full tuition next semester because my scholarship ends after four years. I'll probably just end up taking classes I don't want to take. I really don't want to do that.

    ReplyDelete