April 19, 2007

"Have you ever Fiddled a Pathak?"

These past few weeks have been hell for me, but tonight I got some extra work done. I decided to take an hour break before heading to bed, and I found myself reading the quote book. For those of you who don't know, the quote book is a collection of over 215 quotes between my and my roommates. It was actually started our freshman year at ISU ('03-'04) but I misplaced them. So a new quote book was started our sophomore year when Nimit, Jim, John and I all lived together. I do miss the guys all the time, but I miss them even more when I am reminded of the fun times that we used to have. It's no surprise that there have been fewer quotes this past year, because two out of the four of us are gone. I now know how the guys must have felt last year when I didn't live with them. I wish I could go back and change it, because it may have been the biggest mistake of my life (so far).

It really was strange how well the four of us clicked when we were all together. WE didn't even know each other that well, but that was one of the best years of my life. I remember the night of the flop. We had nothing to do, and that's what we did. John drank, we all got Wendy's, and we just hung out. I miss that. It was so simple, and yet, I remember it like it was yesterday.

Its amazing that I look back a few years and hope that I don't lose that. That I don't grow ups o much that I cannot appreciate a good penis joke or a little male nudity. Crazy as it is, I remember thinking the same thing when I graduated high school. Maybe the rest of my life will be filled with thoughts of years past and hopes that I will always be a kid. Maybe that is how life is, always remembering better times while dreading the stress of work, missing family and just trying to make it through the day.

It makes me not want to grow up. I don't want to have things to do all the time. I don't want to have to take vacation to just visit a friend. I know I will slowly lose friends over the years because I will have more friends than vacation days. And right now, when I am swamped 24/7, I look forward to summer, which will be just as busy. I want to see a million friends before I head to my internship, and there just aren't enough hours in the day. I'm stretched between Chicago, Minneapolis and Colorado Springs. I simply cannot drive that far, and see that many people in such a short period of time.

But as I read our beloved quote book, I found all of that drifting away. I started with the most recent quote and as I worked my way back in time my laughter became more audible until my eyes were watering and my sides hurt. If anyone had walked into the room they would have thought I was crazy. But I didn't care because for a few moments it was like I was there again, with my best friends, the way it used to be.

Nimit, that's the most action I've had in weeks.
I knew if [Nimit] was screaming and John was laughing, he was naked.
- Andrew

John you sloppy drunk!
- Elyse

I dont' feel that overweight.
There's a lot of spongin' needs to be happenin'.
Okay, I'm just going to go in my room and hit the gay. I mean hit the hay!
The Flops (1-4)
- John

I'm simply a tourist in your groin.
I am the ultimate authority on femininity.
John tried to intercourse me.
- Nimit

That way you could have sex with me right now and it wouldn't be weird.
awwww... butt potion.
Penis.
- James O'Neil Winstead

1 comment:

  1. This was one of your best blogs. How is it that yet another blog has John eating Wendy's in it. I am sensing a pattern...

    ReplyDelete