July 6, 2007

So I Says to Mable, I Says...

I have this theory. Actually, it's more like a hypothesis, since I haven't actually tested it (people misuse that phrase all the time and it irks me). I have you ever watched a TV show or movie, when it changes scenes, and all you catch in the very last line in a joke? Every cracks up and you, the viewer, are left confused. I usually love those, becuase they are so obsurd. They do it on the Simpsons sometimes.

Anyway, my theory, is the same idea. It's very simple. Take any phrase. Any phrase. It doesn't matter how strange, morbid or crazy it is. There is a set of English words that you can put in front of that, that will make people laugh. Any phrase can be turned into a punchline. I really wish I had a good example, but I'm sure you can think of a few. The only ones I can think of is something like "I thought you said you wanted a 12-inch pianist.!" or "Rectum?! Damn near killed 'em!". I actually found a site that has Just the Punchline for a few famous jokes.

Can anyone thing of some?

No comments:

Post a Comment