August 10, 2007

Hanalei - Nothing Works

I've been looking for a long time for a website that streams this song, and I finaly did. It's actually a video. The visuals themselves are alright, but ignore them. It's the audio that I want to show people(minus the stupid dog at the end). Simply put, I love this song. Maybe the lyrics just speak to me, or maybe it's my immense respect for Brian Moss's songwriting abilities. Either way, I've listened to this song countless times, and I'm still not 100% sure why.

You and I, we feel everything times ten
there's no point in being civil
when we'll never just be friends

Darlin' we'll always have baggage left to claim
we'll never be normal, we'll never be the same
trying so hard to find that easy way out
you're not settlin' down, you're settlin' for doubt

No comments:

Post a Comment