August 31, 2007

Happy Blog Day!

I just learned from a fellow blogger that today is Blog Day! The idea is to celebrate bloggers/blogging and to get to know "other bloggers from other countries and areas of interest". The suggest recommending 5 other blogs to your readers. So I'm going to do just that. The problem is that I tend to link to the blogs I read anyway, so I'll try to find ones that I don't talk about all the time.

  • The Daily Irrelevant - This blog includes funny pictures, political stories, some tech stuff, and just interesting stories from around the globe. My favorite are the photos tagged with "If you're in marketing, kill yourself".
  • Cybernet News - I just have to plug these guys once more. Ryan and his wife Ashley run a technology blog out of here in Ames! I met Ryan through a year long project here at ISU. It turns out that his website has supported him and his wife for the past few years, which I think is awesome. I've learned a ton about the internet and blogging through Ryan. Be sure to comment too!
  • Himynameismark - Everyone has heard of Blink 182. Since their hiatus Mark Hoppus (bass) has been playing with Travis Barker (drums) in their new band +44. He also has been producing some great albums such as Commit This to Memory. This blog is about all of his travels, shows and gripes about the music industry. He also has a podcast by the same name!
  • xkcd - Besides drawing one of my favorite webcomics, xkcd, Mr. Munroe also writes a blog. Or as he calls it, a blag. It's full of nerdy humor, but also very interesting. A lot of it is based on crazy ideas that he came up with, such as dream typing or kite photography. My favorite post is actually based on a comic of his about rollercoaster chess.
  • Yelling About Music- Besides writing his amazing comic Questionable Content, J. Jacques joined a communal blog about music. I haven't read anything yet, but if it's anything like his comic, it will involve a lot of indie music and making fun of bands in general.

Leave a comment and let me know which ones you guys like.

And don't forget, I always have links in the sidebar of my friend's blogs and the websites that I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment