August 13, 2007

Paramore

I was watching MTV today for the first time in months, and guess who I saw playing a song during the credits of a show? Paramore. Yes, that's right. The media giant has attached itself to yet another band that I like. The other day I heard Bloc Party and Postal Service on a radio station here in MN. I'm really torn on the whole idea. One one hand I love that more independent musicians are being exposed to mainstream audiences, but on the other there is a much better chance of them selling out now. Look at Fall Out Boy. They exploded into mainstream. I used to like their music a lot, until Josh gave me their music from before they hit MTV. It was so much better. It was more raw, more punk, and way less produced. Granted, I still like some of FOB's new stuff, but they have definitely sold out. And now Paramore has that chance too.
Anyway, I've been meaning to write about this band for a long time, so I'll just make a short post to stay that I love this band. They hail from Tennessee and despite being fairly young they can still rock with the big boys. Imagine all the good parts about Avril Lavigne (though there are few) only with a better band and more oomph. The lead singer Hayley helped form the band at the age of 13 with the Farro brothers on guitar/drums (2004). Since then they have been picked up by Fueled by Ramen. They are currently one of the youngest bands on the Warped Tour this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment