September 18, 2007

Rain

I don't know what it is, but there's something about the rain. I love the rain. I always have. I remember when I was a kid, I'd wake up in the morning to find my mother talking about the big storm the night before. She would say that it kept her up most of the night. And I would always sleep right through it. Thunderstorms never bothered me, but I know they worried my mother.

I still love to wake up to the sound of rain on the roof. But it does make me lonely. What doesn't theses days? Part of me worries just a little bit now though, like my mom. I guess now I worry about other people. Before when I was young, I took everything for granted. Two weeks ago, I lost a family member. It really makes you think. Will I lose someone else tonight because of a thunderstorm? I guess it's something about getting old. I don't want to, because it takes the fun out of everything. Thunderstorms are no longer about curling up and watching a movie with your baby. Now, however little, I worry too.

(ok, seriously, I think I'm going to die from the wind knocking over this decrepit building. I can feel it swaying and I live on the 3rd floor).

No comments:

Post a Comment