September 15, 2007

Sherwood

The first time I ever encountered Sherwood was when they played at the Mae concert last spring. They really caught my attention. I finally got their album A Different Light two weeks ago and let me tell you, I really like it. It has quickly jumped into heavy rotation, not only because they are so good, but also because their music is uplifting.

Sherwood is an Indy-rock band that has pop feel. But don't worry, I doubt these guys will sell out to bubble-gum pop anytime soon. They seem to really into their music, and even their place in the world.

"We don't pretend to be important in the grand scheme of things. But hopefully, people will connect our music to their lives, and let us be a part of them, and we will do the same for them."

Dan [guitar/vocals]

Their songs have a definite positive vibe to them, even within sadder themes. Just take a listen on their purevolume page or download one of thier songs, Song in my Head, on their AbsolutePunk.net profile. You'll find your self singing along in no time.



No comments:

Post a Comment