October 1, 2007

Even If It Kills Me

(I've had a 3 albums for a few weeks now, and I've been meaning to write about them and my thoughts. But since I have a lot less time this semester, I'm going to shorten this. Here goes.)

Album: Even If It Kills Me
Artist: Motion City Soundtrack
Release Date: September 18, 2007
Stand Out Songs: This Is For Real, Broken Heart, The Conversation
Favorite Lyric(s): "With all my dreams hooked to hospital machines/I think, 'let's try redefining beautiful.'" - "I had a pocketful of dreams, but I gave them all to you."

Thoughts: I love this album! MCS is still alive and well! I'll have to admit that it took me a few listens to get used to it, but I had to do that with I Am the Movie too. A few of the songs are a little more pop than usual, but I don't think it's a bad thing at all. Look for the drum beat in Can't Finish What You Started; I still don't believe he can do that live. Also, the acoustic version of Broken Heart that came with the pre-order? Not worth it. It's not even MCS playing it.

Right away I noticed the song The Conversation, because it's so different for MCS. It's a very simple piano (acoustic) song with a lonesome melody. Justin's voice just gets to me in this song.

Bottom Line: 84 / 100

No comments:

Post a Comment