October 9, 2007

Flaming Nano!


Yesterday I read on Cybernet News that a man's iPod Nano caught fire while he was listening to it. He said the flames lasted for 15 seconds and they came up to his chest! I'm not 100% sure, but in the picture it looks like he has the first gen Nano. He also said that it was a year and a half old. I'm not sure what that means for those of us that have a 2nd gen. I assume they have the same batteries, which is speculated to have caused the Nano to spit fire. I really wonder if his pants set on fire, and the iPod was just really hot or barely on fire.

I guess in the long run, I'd rather be the engineer that designed the Nano than an airplane. This guy wasn't even hurt.

I really like how small my Nano is, even if it holds very little music. This makes me a little nervous about using it though. At least if they recall it, I'll be able to put all my music back on it easily. If it was my 30 gig I'd be more upset, since it has some irreplaceable music on it.


Image source [WSBTV]

No comments:

Post a Comment