October 31, 2007

Part 1

Welcome to a new segment I like to call "People who piss me off". I like to think of myself as a tolerant person. I would never attack these people verbally. But sometimes they just get to me. So here's what happened today:

In my Econ class we are performing a regression analysis on a set of data to find which factors effect the wage of a teacher the most. It can all be done in Excel, which I don't know much about. So yesterday I sat down and learned a little about Excel functions. I learned all of the functions needed for the assignment and I started it. Yay for me.

Today I get to class and the teacher decides to explain everything that I learned to the class, because "people are confused". So basically they sat down at a computer for five minutes, didn't understand right away, and then complained to the teacher. I know for a fact that around 80% of the class are engineers, and a lot of engineering classes force you to be self-taught, so why can't they learn it themselves?! Maybe they are like the stereotypical engineer and they are waiting until the day before it is due to start. Whatever. It's just that right now my time is at a premium, so I don't need people complaining to the professor and getting things done for them (and wasting my time).

And that is why I think People are Stupid.

3 comments:

  1. Alternative thought: Excel is Satan Insoftware. It sucks, it will make your head explode. It is horrible, frustrating, overthinking softare. Its purpose is to drive humanity to the brink of insanity (one symptom is rhyming in everday speech). No one should ever have to use Excel, especially not when they're not even tools of the man yet. And ESPECIALLY no one should have to teach themselves how to use horrible devil software just to do their homework, unless the homework is to teach oneself how to use said evil software. The tools one needs to complete the assignment and understand the material should be given in class. In my opinion. But that's really more your professor's fault than your classmates'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could tell you stories and stories about a classroom full of people who waste time even though it is quite simple to figure it out

    ReplyDelete
  3. i approve of the picture.hah

    ReplyDelete