December 5, 2007

Deezer.com updates: For the better?

I'm not happy. One of my favorite music streaming websites has "sold out". Deezer.com (formerly Blogmusik.net) made one very large change recently. My little brother asked me what was wrong with it, so I checked it out. I searched for the first band that came to mind, Fall Out Boy, because I decided not to buy their newest album after hearing how pop it was on Deezer. My search returned all the same songs, but the majority of them were grayed out (see pic). After a little searching on google, I found that Deezer has signed a deal with SonyBMG which allows for faster streaming, but closes some songs from the public.

I think this is ridiculous, although I'm surprised that Deezer wasn't shut down. I just hope that record companies are wising up to the internet and letting people have at least some free music. I've learned about a bunch of bands through the internet, downloaded one of the their songs, and bought more because of it.

[AppScout]

2 comments:

  1. if you right click then you can still play the tracks that are greyed out :D all better

    ReplyDelete