I was debating doing this, but I really need to get my thoughts rolling. This is kind of more for me than everyone else. I've been geeking out on Harry Potter for the last two weeks and tomorrow morning I will finally get my fix. I also want to comment on some things Emilia predicted. But I will tell you a quick story first.
I ordered the book online at Amazon.com, but I forgot to change the shipping address so it is going to be sent to MN. I have since ordered another one, shipped to KC, and will be returning the other. I'm glad I asked at the front desk, because apparently the only carrier that delivers to the UMKC dorms on weekends is USPS. I've been tracking the package and after driving to the UPS store just now, then calling their 1-800 number, I have learned that UPS has actually handed my package over to USPS to do the final delivery. Phew! I'll be up early tomorrow to wait for the mail to come (possibly 11 AM?! Bullshit!).
Anyway, my thoughts on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I think the book will rock! That's it. Enough said. I'm kidding. Keep in mind, these are my opinions, mixed with the facts that I think are important. Also, I don't the books in front of me, so I may spell things wrong, miss-quote etc.
- Snape - He won't be good or bad. He will help Harry somehow. He will continue being a slimeball. I think he was at Godric's Hollow the night Voldemort attacked. Will we find out why Snape stepped in front of Harry when the werewolf/Lupin attacked?
- Dursleys - One of them will perform magic (Petunia?). We will find out what "dumbledore's last" is (book 5). I like Emilia's idea about Lily's wand, maybe Petunia will use it to protect Harry. Petunia knows something Dumbledore never told Harry, from the note he left with baby Harry
- Umbridge - Jo said she comes back (ugh). She will either become a Death Eater, or she will become rogue. She will STILL piss me off.
- Firenze - Will come back into play. He's one big reason why Harry will return to Hogwarts.
- Trelawny - If you look closely, you will notice that she is always fairly close on her predictions. There are a few scenes where she is seen mumbling about danger and then it comes true shortly after.
- Lupin - Will come around to Tonks. Will guide Harry, and help him with stories from his past.
- Fenrir Greyback - Is an ass. Will probably bite another Order member. Hopefully it's Lupin.
- Draco Malfoy - Is in too far over his head. Might get a chance to fight Harry/the Order, but will most likely wuss out or Voldemort wont let him.
- Hogwarts - Will remain open. It's pretty obvious McGonagall will be headmistress. Hopefully there will be a big (final?) battle there. I would love that.
- Hagrid - Will die. Jo loves him a lot, plus he hasn't done a ton for the Order yet. He may stay and battle at Hogwarts.
- Charlie Weasley - Will his wedding be close to a full moon? Hopefully he or Lupin get the chance to kill Fenrir.
- Pettigrew - Owes a life debt to Harry. I did notice Snape wasn't awake to find out Pettigrew was still alive (book 3), but I'm guessing the Order would have told him.
- Lily Potter - if she was in the Order, why didn't she fight to save Harry. We know she was powerful, why didn't she try to fight or Apparate?
- Pensieve - We will either see Snape or Dumbledore's memories of the past. Possibly Snape being at Godric's Hollow.
- Dumbledore - he's dead. He wont come back. Note that Rowling wouldn't say what he would see in the Mirror of Erised, or what his boggart would be.
- Sirius Black - he's dead. Harry will talk to him through the mirror? Luna was talking about this in book 5.
- Horcruxes - What was it? The ring, the cup, the locket/lock, Nagini, the book, and..... This could be Harry/his scar. I really think that's a big leap. But Jo is good at surprising people.
- Other creatures - The Giants and Dememtors will join the battle somehow. Possibly fight the House Elves (S.P.E.W. wasn't around for nothing)
- Ginny - Will follow Harry somehow. Maybe the whole book, maybe just at the end. Will continue to be awesome.
- Hermione/Ron - will get together. Hopefully it will be at the wedding. They will both follow Harry until the very end, when he fights Voldemort. Emma Watson will continue to be really, really hot (see picture).
- Voldemort - will die. He will go down, hard. Just a guess, but I think he will kill one of his own to get to Harry faster, but that person wont really matter.
- Harry Potter - Finally Harry. Will he die? Is he a Horcrux? I don't even want to try to defend myself on these thoughts. A few podcasts have shown great evidence towards both of them, but I wont say anything. Call me a wuss if you want.
Reference: I got a few thoughts from a MuggleNet interview with J.K. Rowling.
Inspiration: The Ministry of Magic