March 8, 2008

Thank You (Say Shhhh...)

I was thinking the other day. I was at work listening to some new music, in a good mood because I was flying through the the project I was working on. Then my iPhone started playing Always Coming Back Home to You by Atmosphere. I had never heard it before and I loved it. It's about being proud of where you are from, specifically Minneapolis. What a great song/place.

This got me thinking about Atmosphere and how I heard about them from my friend Emilia. She also got me into Tegan & Sarah. Beside those two bands, most of the new albums I've purchased lately were recommended by friends.

Meg & Dia, Ludo, Mae, Mat Kearney, Flight of the Concords, Damien Rice, Iron & Wine, The Weasel King, Jimmy Eat World, Paramore, PlayRadioPlay!, Motion City Soundtrack, just to name a few ;).
I take pride in finding new bands, but the one thing better than that is sharing music with my friends. I love going to a concert with friends or hearing about the newest album of band we both enjoy.

A few weeks ago I gave one of my friends a CD wallet of some of my favorite albums. I just talked to him yesterday, and he said he's enjoying a bunch of them. He's doing his best to give each one a good listen. That makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment