May 27, 2008

"At least they have the stars tonight" - Kid Dakota

So I saw the Iron Man movie this weekend. Fantastic. It was exactly what I expected. Lots of action and some amazing gadgets. I thought Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark was perfect. He had exactly the right arrogance and wit that made the movie as funny as it was eye-popping. If you do go, look for the 10 second clip after the credits as well as the standard Stan Lee cameo. I guess in the comics Iron Man has a super-friend named Warhammer. The post-credits clip shows who will play Warhammer in the next Iron Man movie. Really? Are you surprised who it is? He's in everything!

Things I found out this weekend:

  • Facebook is going Open Source
  • ♫ A 16-year-old found a way to decompose plastics bags at a rate 4,000 times faster than nature
  • ♫ An 11-year-old girl was banned from playing Basketball with the boys. Maybe that's because some parents didn't like seeing their sons getting schooled. She hopes to someday make the NBA. [VIDEO!]
  • ♫ Fidler's first child will most likely look like this:
Lastly, I read an article about a child with Asperger's syndrome (high-functioning autism) that was actually voted out of the classroom by his kindergarden class. After getting sent to the principle's office for acting out, the poor kid returned to find out he was voted out of class 14-2.

What the hell?! First off this kid is in KINDERGARDEN! No child should ever be humiliated by their own teacher, especially one that young with a mental disability! For those of you who don't know, my twin brother is mentally disabled. Now, I'm not what you would call athletic, but I've been inches from decking someone twice my size who made fun of my brother. The intolerance in this country appalls me.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't help but feel that a kindergarten classroom is not the place to exercise Democracy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely did enjoy the Hamburgerbaby. I don't know why. I'm very easily amused I guess.

    Nice posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also enjoyed the baby burger. I think anytime a child is deprived of the use of its limbs, as in a heavy snowsuit or when tied in a burger costume, I'm amused.

    ReplyDelete